Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A Delightful Discovery

Progesterone shots continue to be manageable, despite the husband's occasional experiments with "the five-finger ass grab" and the technique of "pressing really hard on your butt to, like, keep the medicine in." Yeah. 

The risk here is that I occasionally begin laughing uncontrollably, which then causes hormone-loaded progesterone oil to shoot out of my hindquarters. 

I have discovered, though, that the oil tends to build up around the injection sites, giving me these small knots that are sore to the touch. So I decided to invest in a heating pad, thinking that the heat might help the knots break up. I actually do think it's helping. But even better than that, I have realized that wrapping a fuzzy, gradually warming, blanket-type contraption around your butt feels kind of fantastic. Seriously, the first night I tried it I was asleep in about eight minutes. Wonderful. Soothing. Butt-nurturing. I recommend this to everyone, progesterone user or not. In fact, I plan on firing mine up again tonight.

In other news, ended up getting another beta HcG done, since the nurse was a bit concerned about some muscle pain I'd been having. Numbers again looked promising, though, and a nice, steady, regular doubling is more than I had to go on last time, so now I'm just focusing on making it to the ultrasound in two weeks and seeing what that shows us. 

3 comments:

  1. The laughing while shooting up was a problem hubby and I had too. How can you not? It is just so utterly ridiculous to find oneself face down straddled by your most intimate partner, jabbing a 2 inch needle into your backside. What a site.

    Best wishes on the upcoming u/s!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't decide which is making me chuckle more...oil shooting out of your backside or the heating pad in the same area. Maybe you could get a full body heating pad to soothe you through until your ultrasound.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If someone made a combination Snuggie/Slanket/heating pad, I would probably never take it off.

    ReplyDelete